English | Italiano Regia Marina Italiana

Submarines Class CB


CB 10 docked in Taranto in October 1943, following the Italian armistice.</br>
(Photo National Archives)
CB 10 docked in Taranto in October 1943, following the Italian armistice.
(Photo National Archives)
A very good view of the forward compartment. 
This is a picture of CB 20, later renamed P901 and used by the Yugoslavian Navy. 
Today, it is on display at the Teknicki Muzej of Zabrab.</br>
(Photo Pavolich)
A very good view of the forward compartment. This is a picture of CB 20, later renamed P901 and used by the Yugoslavian Navy. Today, it is on display at the Teknicki Muzej of Zabrab.
(Photo Pavolich)
Another photo of the CB 20. This the aft compartment (engine room). 
Both the diesel and electric engines are well visible.</br>
(Photo Pavolich)
Another photo of the CB 20. This the aft compartment (engine room). Both the diesel and electric engines are well visible.
(Photo Pavolich)
The navigation room seen from the engine room. 
The two compartments were separated by a light bulkhead 
which was gas-proof only at low pressure.</br>
(Photo Cepparo)
The navigation room seen from the engine room. The two compartments were separated by a light bulkhead which was gas-proof only at low pressure.
(Photo Cepparo)
Radioman Nannini while he is operating the radio equipment. This was the only part of the vessel where one could almost stand up. In general, movement within the boat required the three crewmembers to crawl.</br>
(Photo Cepparo)
Radioman Nannini while he is operating the radio equipment. This was the only part of the vessel where one could almost stand up. In general, movement within the boat required the three crewmembers to crawl.
(Photo Cepparo)

Copyright 1996-2017 REGIAMARINA (TM). All rights reserved.